Sunday, September 20, 2009

Upstate Visit

We went upstate and visited with Jonathon and Steph yesterday. It was a nice day for an outing, and I will admit I enjoyed it. We finally got to see Simba in person, since the last time we were there he was still adjusting to his new home, and was in hiding. This time he actually greeted us at the door… well truthfully he was sitting in the open doorway enjoying the sunshine, but it looked like he was greeting us.










After a getting to know Simba better and enjoying his antics, or lack of, we went downstairs to check out the fish and corals. There is a lot of work in all these tanks, and I could see progress. I don’t know much about corals at all, except for two things, they beautiful and my son loves them. I was impressed.


While down there we saw Snowie the eel.. at least I think that’s what he is. He’s been around a while, and has grown a lot since the last time we saw him. I thought it was comical how he stuck his head through the rock to peek at us.












We also met a batch of baby clown fish, the aren’t very big at all, I’d say about the size of a nickel. Really cute little guys and gals, and if they lived in fresh water I might have a few myself….








Another funny thing – This is Rosie before Jonathon fed her and the corals and this is Rosie after feeding time. I think she ate her share and the corals too… good thing they can survive on her, hmmm, her… well I’ll be polite and say her leftovers and leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures of the salt water aquariums. It brought back memories of when we had 2 tanks years and years ago. It's obvious your son is doing an excellent job in taking care of them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge