Monday, November 02, 2009

Retreat and UFOs

Tomorrow starts the November retreat, well for Anne and me anyway. We probably won’t REALLY start until Wednesday morning, but we will be together as soon as her plane lands in Phila tomorrow about 1:30ish.

That sort of made me wonder where has the year gone. We didn’t end the November retreat last year on a good note, a bunch of us came down with something awful, and I even had to be picked up by family members and driven home. So I was really looking forward to starting the New Year… we had big plans, trip to Texas, and more. But just barely into January all those plans went to awry when we were called to NY to tend to Aunt. (That situation is still up in the air if anyone wondered)

And my life has been on the back burners since. Not only because of that, but also because of these bum knees of mine. I started two projects at the Spring Retreat and that’s as far as they’ve gotten. My UFO list, well I finished a FEW things, but barely worth counting. My UFO list shows how poorly I did in finishing, but then again, at least I didn’t start a new bunch this yet. Three new projects in one year, probably the least quilts I’ve done in many many years.

I started the year with 47 UFOs, started three more, and finished four. Which means unless I get some sewing done I will start 2010 with one less than 2009. Pathetic.

Anyway, I will be doing the UFO challenge again next year, hopefully I can do better. And I may sign up for every UFO challenge I find, to motivate me. Here’s one I happened upon while blogging today if anyone is interested. Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio Not for me, since she wants me to finish all my UFOs before 2010 starts… that will never happen, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear..., I'm in deep doo-doo!!! I'd never be able to meet her challenge. I think I started at least a dozen new things and have only finished 2 so far. Let's see...that makes how many UFO's...nope, not going to tell. I'll just hang my head and go sit in my corner. Baaad Deb, baaad girl.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge