Sunday, November 01, 2009

Interesting November 1st

My web site has a counter on it, it tells me all sorts of details. When I went in this morning to update the BOM page, it showed me that already 124 people had been there looking for the November block… 124! I’m impressed. Impressed that they are so anxious for it, impressed that they are up so early too! But then again November started a lot earlier for quilters on the other side of the world.

So November is here, and I have now updated the BOM page. This month's block is the Ribbons Block.

The 13th November Quilters Retreat will start in just a few days. The 13th! WOW, where has time gone? It seems like just yesterday that someone said to me that I should host a gathering of chatters at that hotel that has the quilt shop in it. 13 years has flown by and now we are retreating in a newer nicer hotel which may not have a quilt shop in it, but has one within walking distance on both sides.

I’m more than anxious for this retreat, happy to be seeing some old friends again. One friend is coming for our annual get together, we’ve known each other for over 22 years now, and I sure wish we were closer so we could see each other more. I’m anxious to see some 13 year friends too, ladies I met through the chat room, who became retreaters, who became very close friends over the years. And I’m anxious to meet all the new ladies too… more friends in the making.

And I’m anxious to show them the new hotel. The October retreaters liked it so much, I’m sure the November ladies will too. But I can’t wait to hear their reactions!

1 comment:

  1. what hotel are you using now for reteats? Love the new bom - and it's nice to be missed. I need to get over this past year and do something.....life goes on

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge