Thursday, October 29, 2009

Still viewing Blogger’s Quilt Festival

It’s taking me forever to get through the Blogger’s Quilt Festival, but boy is it worth it. I find myself looking at other posts by some of the quilters, and certainly at other web pages and blogs they recommend. The pace I am going I think I will still be looking at the fall festival quilts when spring festival rolls around.

I’ve gotten some good ideas too, not so much in quilts as in finishing techniques. I visited one site that showcased a sampler finished in a way I would have never imagined, but one I surely will copy. (And I told the maker so too)

I love samplers, and if I can find the perfect fabric may start a new one after I finish the upcoming mystery. (Which by the way, starts next week on Mysteries For Relay) I have enough mystery blocks done for a queen size topper, and enough almost done to take that topper to a decent queen size quilt, but am thinking about making it a duvet cover instead, which might take some more planning.

1 comment:

  1. I"m still plugging away at the festival, too! So much inspiration and eye candy, isn't it?

    I can't wait to see what you do with the blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge