Saturday, October 03, 2009

Seasonal bed quilt

Since it is fall now, I decided it was time to change the bed linens for the season. I took off the bright yellow sheets and broken dishes quilt and replaced it with something a little darker for the fall and winter. When I went to get our “winter” quilt, I realized it was really starting to show wear, and decided it was time for a new “winter” quilt.

I just happen to have over 250 quilts, although not all of them would fit on our queen size bed, some will barely cover a pillow, LOL! So I looked for one which I knew would cover the bed nicely, and keep us toasty warm for the winter. I decided to go with a sampler I have, shown below. (In that 250 quilts, seven are samplers)

Right now I am thinking about making yet another sampler. I’ve been using the same color palate for some of the BOMs, and when I put them all in a quilt, I liked what I saw. Now if I can find a small floral that I like, and coordinates to go with it, I just might make that sampler.

But then again, I have the quilt I am teaching at the November retreat and as a mystery for the Mysteries For Relay group. When I laid the blocks out on the bed yesterday, they looked right at home there… maybe that will be my next bed quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge