Saturday, October 03, 2009

Seasonal bed quilt

Since it is fall now, I decided it was time to change the bed linens for the season. I took off the bright yellow sheets and broken dishes quilt and replaced it with something a little darker for the fall and winter. When I went to get our “winter” quilt, I realized it was really starting to show wear, and decided it was time for a new “winter” quilt.

I just happen to have over 250 quilts, although not all of them would fit on our queen size bed, some will barely cover a pillow, LOL! So I looked for one which I knew would cover the bed nicely, and keep us toasty warm for the winter. I decided to go with a sampler I have, shown below. (In that 250 quilts, seven are samplers)

Right now I am thinking about making yet another sampler. I’ve been using the same color palate for some of the BOMs, and when I put them all in a quilt, I liked what I saw. Now if I can find a small floral that I like, and coordinates to go with it, I just might make that sampler.

But then again, I have the quilt I am teaching at the November retreat and as a mystery for the Mysteries For Relay group. When I laid the blocks out on the bed yesterday, they looked right at home there… maybe that will be my next bed quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge