Sunday, October 11, 2009

Marge’s big adventure…

This was sort of a preparation for the retreat this week, to see how much I can do, and what I can’t. John and I went out to lunch/brunch today, and then… are you ready… hold on to your hats… we went to Wal-Mart! Now let me explain, that’s the first store I’ve been to in months, and the first place I’ve been other than the post office, Doctor’s office, and the drive thru window at the bank. Was it exciting, heck no, I really don’t like Wal-Mart, but it was a place I could get everything I needed in one place. And I accomplished my goal, got everything on my shopping list (first time I have been shopping since June I think) and managed to access how far I could walk… not far at all. Thank goodness for the shopping cart to lean on. Now I’ve taken my Advil and have my legs up, and yes for all you nurses and mother’s out there, I have ice on my knees… and I hate putting ice on my body anywhere. Next week should be very interesting. But I am going regardless, I dare anyone to try to stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge