Monday, October 05, 2009

Blog Hopping Again

I’ve been blog hopping again, since my knee wouldn’t let me go up to the sewing room yesterday. I found some neat links and stuff, which I want to share.

First, and I added this to my blog yesterday, Amy of http://parkcitygirl.blogspot.com/ is hosting a Blogger’s Quilt Festival, which I think is a super idea! Apparently this is the second one, and I had a great time looking at all the quilts from the Spring Festival.


While hopping back and forth looking at those quilts, I happened to see another Amy, AmyLouWho who hosts Sew and Tell Friday’s at http://www.amylouwho.com/ Another very clever idea and one I plan to join in, as soon as I have a finish that is.
simply square button

I found quite a few blogs that had links to fabric stores on them, but I resisted temptation and didn’t even look. Easy when you can’t sew, and besides, I heading to Lancaster in nine days, LOL!

And a word here about blogs with music on them… yes Candy and all the rest of you who love scaring me with IMs and phone calls, the music scares me too. Let me explain, I am alone most of the day and I really enjoy the peace and quiet. About all I hear is the humming of the fan and the refrigerator, and then someone calls me, or IMs me, and the noise scares the begeebers out of me. Well music on blogs does the same thing, I usually jump, but not too far, since my lap top is well.. on my lap.

And quilters! WOW did I find some awesome quilters and quilts. And I don’t mean any big name quilters either, just plain old (and young) ladies (and men) who happen to have quilting as a hobby. I saw many beautiful quilts, and read some really special stories to go with them. I am amazed at the quilting world, and I can’t wait to get back into it again.

I am sorry to see so many blogs now over loaded with advertisements. Yes over loaded. I hope you all are making a lot of money because the ads have made your blogs almost impossible to find, taking over your space and hiding your words and pictures. One blog I visited I honestly did not find a post… I think the whole blog was just ads.

I found quite a few people who were making “Wonky Log Cabins” and some really WOW wonky quilts with them. The pattern they used is just slightly different from my Crooked Log Cabins, but along the same idea, and made some delightful quilts.

I also found a Spooktacular Halloween Theme Block Swap, three signature block swaps, two different friendship bag swaps, a friendship star swap, a scrappy Christmas block swap (I was tempted), a Fall Quilt Swap, Christmas Swap - Inchie Ornaments, postcard quilt swap, and …

Do you know how many different disappearing nine patch swaps I found? Take a guess… not one, not two, but five. At first I was thinking they were all the same, just with different links, but no, these were five totally different disappearing nine patch swaps. And no, I’m not posting the links to them, four of the five are already closed, and the fifth one… well let’s just say I’m neither joining it or sharing the url and leave at that, ok?

And then my blog hop ended for the day, I have no idea what happened, but all of a sudden all the IE windows disappeared…. I wonder if it is possible to have too many windows open at the same time…..

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had fun blog hopping! thanks for linking/posting about the quilt festival - it's a great way to get to know more quilters :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge