Saturday, October 06, 2012

New retreat project

I was offered a quilt trade recently that really tempted me, and I would have accepted it except someone else wanted the quilt I had.  The person who did the offering for the trade did send me a nice photo of the quilt she was offering me, and it really did appeal to me.  It’s far from a traditional design, and I’m not real sure where it came from. 

But if you know me, you know that won’t stop me from making one.  I’m so excited about it that I pulled fabric from my stash for it, planning on trying it at the retreat.  All I need is a few more fabrics and a backing and border… I was thinking a bold print that has all the other colors in it and then….
The other day I was browsing a friend’s web site and saw a bold print she had.  I asked her a few questions about it and before I knew it what she had left was in the mail to me.  Yesterday it arrived and WOW.. talk about a BOLD print.  However, it doesn’t fit the other colors I pulled for that project.  But… I am headed to fabric world in 11 days and I just know I’ll be able to find exactly what I need up there. 

Thanks Lindsay and Peggy for giving me another project to be excited about!

1 comment:

  1. can i come a week early, huh, can i, can i? nearly got everything ready...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge