Sunday, August 25, 2013

Another finish

This was a quickie quilt I put together to use up some batik scraps, and then because I liked my sample so much, I made it a Mystery For Relay quilt, and I think the ladies liked it too.  It really is very easy and I think makes a great quilt… and I plan to make a few more like it. 

I’m making quilts for Bob’s Blankie Brigade and want to give them at least a few finished quilts.  I know she’s willing to take tops too, but that takes her time to finish them before she can donate them.  As long as it’s small enough that I can quilt it myself, I will.  But it’s nice to know that I have a home for samples I make but can’t quilt myself.  (And there isn't enough $ for me to pay to have them all quilted!)

A while ago someone asked me why I make quilts and then just give them away… well I enjoy making quilts, seeing what I can do with fabric, and how my ideas look when I’m done sewing them.  But I can only use so many quilts here at home, after all there are just two of us, and one of use sleeps under a sheet most of the time (dang hot flashes)  As is I have a pretty good collection of “favorite” quilts, over 200.  Plus the 40some UFOs, and I won’t even try to figure out how many more quilts are left to make in my stash! 
 

1 comment:

  1. That a great quilt. What number is it or is it one of the five or six you gave us last fall? I don't really need to start anything new but....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge