While he was here I made a disappearing nine patch. They were all the rage for a while and I didn’t get into it, but I had this fabric I wanted to make a charity quilt with and that seemed like a good idea. (Yes Bonnie, that was the something new coming from my creative mind, sorry to disappoint you.) I started and finished it too, and even put together a backing for it. It will go to Bob’s Blankie Brigade.
Somewhere in the last few days I saw another nine patch quilt and knew that the fabric I had was perfect for it. I diagrammed it in EQ and started cutting Saturday afternoon, and even put together a few blocks before I ran out of energy. Yesterday I finished making the nine patches and started cutting the rest of the blocks and sashing, and that’s what I’ve been working on today.
Now here’s my dilemma… in my bedroom I have a queen size bed, design bed and laundry folding bed. As you can imagine it can only be used as one of those things at a time. Monday is laundry day, and I’ve been sewing. Except… no folding bed since it is covered in blocks. First load was easy, I folded it on the washer. Second load not so easy, so it’s sitting in the dryer until I pin and mark all the blocks so I can pick them up and finish them later. (Don’t tell John I had pins on the bed, that’s a big no no.)