Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Upcoming numbers

I don’t pay much attention to numbers, but all of a sudden some significant numbers are showing up in my world. 

As I finished this latest quilt top and entered it on to the spreadsheet that keeps track of my quilts I realized I was almost at an important milestone.  I started keeping track a few years ago to get my UFOs under control.  While making up the list of UnFinished Objects I decided it would be a good time to make a list of ALL of my quilts, finished or not. 
It took a bit of work, lots of research in photo albums, on hard drives, in class lists and everywhere else I had any records of my quilting. Ever since I started that list I’ve done OK at keeping track of my quilts, when I started them, when I finished them and where they are. 

At the beginning of this year I started sharing my history in photos on my web site, at least the photos I have.  As of the end of July I’ve shared up to quilt #291, a miniature Speedy Strips made of Christmas fabrics. 
The quilt I finished the top of today is quilt number 496, just four away from 500. 

The other significant number is 65 but I’m not talking about that one!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I have no idea of how many quilts I've made and who I gave them to. I could resurrect 5 years worth of info if I got motivated but I think I'd rather quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hard recreating the history, and every time I think I have it right, someone or something reminds me of another quilt I made many years ago. Just a few weeks ago I got a letter from a gal I made a baby quilt for back in 1980, she was telling me that that baby just had a baby of her own. And I had to add that quilt to the list, even though I can’t remember what I made, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a mighty impressive accomplishment. And don't worry about that 65 one. Been there, done that and it didn't hurt a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never occurred to me to count them! I am very impressed.

    My first bed-size quilt attempt from my youth remains a UFO in a storage trunk. I should toss it, poly-cotton fabric and not a project I have any interest in anymore.

    - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge