Friday, August 02, 2013

Waterless

It all started when I woke up at 4:30 AM yesterday morning to visit the bathroom. I could hear water running, but knew at that time of day nothing should be on.  I looked out the window to check the hoses, but it was raining so that didn’t do me any good at all.  I checked the upstairs bathroom, it was OK, and the downstairs bathroom seemed to be OK too. 

But I still heard water running.

It bothered me so much I couldn’t go back to sleep, but I didn’t want to wake John up at that hour, he had a busy day ahead of him and needed his sleep.  When he finally got up at 6:30 I told him about our problem, and he said he didn’t hear it…  After he’d had his morning shave and shower he said that maybe I was right…  He crawled under the house and sure enough, I was right.. imagine that!

The line running to the refrigerator had sprung a leak, small yes but still a leak.  And he was on his way out of town and couldn’t fix it, so it was up to me.  Well you know dang well I’m not a plumber and I’m certainly not crawling under the house to fix anything, so we turned the pump off. 

After he’d left I made a few phone calls, of course our regular plumber was out of town.  He had another number we could call for service in his away message but I wasn’t calling them.  We’d dealt with that company another time and l’ll just say I will not deal with them again and leave it with that. 

I remembered that Jon and Steph had a lot of work done on their new house by a very very reliable guy so asked them to please send me his phone number.  When I called him he said he’d happily help us out and could be here first thing in the morning.  And as promised, he’s here now. 
 
But it’s been a long waterless period between then and now…  every time you go to the bathroom you automatically flush… no can do when pump is turned off.  You also wash your hands… no water no wash.  And while you are fixing dinner how many times do you turn on your water…  And brush your teeth before you go to bed at night?  Let’s just say I am very happy to hear voices coming from under my house and can’t wait to hear that water running again!

Water is back on and all is back to our normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge