Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A typical day in the life of…

I get up in the morning about 7:30 and make my cup of coffee and then sit down to read email and catch up.  After about an hour I get up to go to the bathroom to start my day.  (Wait, how did it get to be 10:00 already?)  In the bathroom I notice the mop and bucket, put there to remind me to mop the kitchen floor.  I get my shower and get dressed and get a text message to check email for an important question.  (Since I’m hosting a mystery and this person is a member of the mystery group I assume the question is about the mystery) 

After answering her question I check email again, might as well since I am on line, right?  Then I get up to go back in the bathroom but take a detour when I notice the hummer feeder is empty.  I make a batch of nectar and go out to fill the front feeder and break it…  So I have to go to the garage and find the spare feeders, last one.  I fill that and put it out and then come in to see how much Amazon is selling the kind I like for.  Hour later I have to “go” and again notice the mop and bucket. 

However as I finish my business I hear the phone ringing (no I don’t take it in there with me).  I rush back in the LR to answer, but that person has hung up, so I call her back.  She asks me if I have a certain fabric, and I think I do, and I tell her I’ll check and call her back.  I go upstairs to the un-air-conditioned room where my fabrics are hidden stored and look.  I find every pink Aunt Grace BUT the one she needs, sorry Kathy.  Then I think of another place I have Aunt Graces, so I look and there is a little less than a FQ which is enough, so I call her back with the good news.  Then I put that in an envelope and rush out to the mailbox. 

Since it isn’t raining and I wanted pictures of my Stargazers while they are still fresh I take a few photos.  After walking the whole yard snapping pictures I come in, and post two to the blog.  Of course I check email while on, but nothing, good.  

While out I noticed the grass is over taking the front garden again, so I go back outside and do some work in there, until my back and head are screaming at me.  I listen to them and come inside, and go straight to the shower… again… and guess what, that mop and bucket are STILL sitting in there. 

I come out of the shower and go in the bedroom for clean clothes, get dressed and then decide I should throw in some laundry.  While sorting I find a receipt I’m sure I haven’t recorded, so I come in to the lap top check… no it wasn’t recorded, I take care of it.  While there, I might as well check email again.  Good thing, another important question that needed to be answered.  That’s all taken care of and I …. Wait what was I doing.  OH yea, laundry.  So I throw in load one and then notice a strange car in my driveway.  Man gets out and comes to the door… I will not answer the door since he’s most likely a salesman, but he doesn’t knock, gets back in the car and drives away.  I look outside on the stoop, he was delivering the new phone books. 

As I am putting it away I notice there’s a pretty big stack of phone books so I go through them.  I toss any older than this year, which fills the recycle bin… there was other stuff in there before I started… so I take it outside.  When I come back in I say to myself what else can I get rid of, and open up another cabinet, tossing stuff we haven’t used and most likely will never use again in a box.  I go in garage and hide put box in my car to take to thrift shop next time I’m out and I find a package of toilet paper I bought a few days ago.  I bring that in and put it in the bathroom closet and notice the mop and bucket …. 
And walk out.
I’ve done enough today and I have a good book to read! 

3 comments:

  1. ROFLOL. . . . .so, is this what I have to look forward to in 13 years when DH says that I should be able to retire from full-time work?! LOL I better start doing double duty on clearing out the clutter and abundance in the basement/craft store or I will never, ever get anything done!!

    Thank you for the chuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what I want to do when I retire!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge