Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Back in business

Laundry business that is.  I haven’t had a dryer since June 21st and believe me the laundry has piled up. 

I don’t have a clothes line and I’ll probably never get one.  My dear husband is a city slicker and he’s afraid the birds might poop on his clothes.  A day or two after the dryer went out I put a small load of his undies out on the drying rack to dry in the fresh air.  I was sure that after he smelled them he’d agree to put up a small line somewhere. 

However one stupid bird had to drop a bomb on a few of John’s t-shirts.  Once I discovered the nasty mess I knew I’d never get that clothes line.  (He’ll never know that I washed undies twice and put them out in the fresh air to dry without any more incidents.. he wouldn't believe me if I told him.)    

Today the repair man was here all of five minutes replacing the bad part and now I am doing laundry…. Clothes first, then towels and sheets.  AND THEN I’m washing some fabrics so I can finish a quilt!
 

2 comments:

  1. During the summer I only use the solar dryer. It does save a lot of money and the heat we have here, sheets can dry in less than an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love things dried in the fresh air and sunshine, but that man I'm happily married to does not. And he pays the bills... so

      Delete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge