Sunday, June 19, 2011

Almost!

Today I came close to winning the lottery.  Let me explain, I normally don’t play.  However I recently found my Father’s wallet which was given to me at the hospital when he passed away nine years ago.  I remember going through it looking for anything important, destroying his one and only credit card.  The only other thing in it was $30 something in cash.  I stuck the wallet in a drawer and forgot about it. 

A few weeks ago I found it again and decided it was time to spend Dad’s last money.  I decided I would buy four lottery tickets for every Powerball drawing until the money was gone.  Any little winnings would go back to buying more tickets. 

The first week I won $13, so I bought more tickets.  Then I won another $7 and bought more tickets. 

Today on Father’s Day I had five winning numbers!  According to the Powerball web site, five numbers would win $200,000. 

What a pity the five numbers are spread out over all four tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge