Monday, June 20, 2011

Discombobulated

Discombobulated ....I think that describes today… the whole day has been totally discombobulated.  First the weather spoiled our beach plans.  Then the realtor called, no sale.  Then we went out to lunch at a fancy smancy place in town and neither John or I were happy with our meals.  I sent mine back, he ate half of his.  The manager came over and offered us a free dessert, and she meant just that “”A” as in one… the blueberry pie was good but it would have been a lot better if I didn’t have to share. 

Got home and there was a troubling letter in the mail from the IRS, infernal revenue service.  My tummy is still complaining about lunch so there is no way we can do dinner and John goes back to his lovely job tomorrow…. Perhaps will we celebrate our anniversary later. 
At lunch John asked if I thought we’d come far in our lives together.  We’ve gone far, that’s for sure, all over the USA and Europe too.  And we’ve gone further in debt.  When we got married I was only making payments on our bed and rent was $85 a month.  But I wouldn’t change a thing… well except many the sale of the trailer, I would have liked that to go through.  Yes, I’ve had 41derful years with him, and I love him just as much today as I did the day we were married.
 

1 comment:

  1. perhaps we should remove mondays from all calendars. Hope you are feeling better and the weather has cleared. Of course, with the nice cloudy weather the temps tend to stay cooler.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge