Wednesday, February 01, 2012

About my flowers

Several people have asked about my pink flowers I showed the other day.  That is a Camellia.  While driving around one winter I noticed a tree blooming in February.  I had to turn around and look at it and soon found out what it was.  I had to have one, something that blossomed in the winter! 

I don’t remember where we bought that one, but it’s been in our yard for about five or six years now, maybe a little longer.  It normally blossoms in February or March but this year in January.  Well it has a few blossoms on it, and is loaded with buds.  I can see it from my recliner, so will not miss one of the lovely flowers. 

I actually got two more Camellias for my birthday from Cheri.  She brought me an April Dawn Camellia, pink with white edges and a Winter Showman Camellia, a delicate white.  I can’t wait to see them bloom, but will probably have to wait a year or so, they’re still small.  (And I have to protect them from the neighbors escaping goat too…grrrr….)

As for my daffodils, I have thousands around the yard, and most of them are up and many of them are budding.  I’m hoping a cold snap doesn’t kill the flowers.  Then again, I’ve had daffodils blooming in snow before, they are a hardy plant. 

The yellow crocuses are early bloomers also, but I’ve never had flowers in January before.  I can’t wait for the purple ones to show off their color!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:04 AM

    This is my first year for the April Dawn Camellia that I have in a pot. Lots of buds and can't wait to see it bloom. It's quite cold outside here in January in Zone 6 but the buds look quite healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge