Monday, April 01, 2013

Running behind


I’m behind on things today after spending the last three days at my son and future daughter-in-law’s future home.  They lucked out in the house hunt and found an adorable Cape Cod house built in 1951.  It was a bank owned property in need of some TLC and updates in a great location with a terrific yard.  This weekend a lot of painting got done inside, and a lot of plumbing was finished, and a new refrigerator delivered.  (Hopefully this week the electrical will be finished so they can plug in that frig, LOL!)

Since there was no water, and since I am let’s just say not up to normal right now, there wasn’t a lot I could do.  However I had one objective and that was to cut back the thorn bush from h-e-double-hockey-sticks. 
 
 
 
I took this
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
back to this. 


 
I will not show you a picture of my arms and hands or anywhere else this nasty got me, but know that it won’t be scratching anyone else again as long as I’m around.

Now… let’s wait and see if it comes back and blooms… 

The Giving Quilt winners are:  Karen, Granny Lyn, Susan, Lisa, Casey, Nancy and Joanne

There were several noreply-comment@blogger.com comments, and since I had no way to reply to you, I couldn’t have notified you if you had won.  And there were a few  noreply-comment@blogger.com comments which did leave their email in their comments, so I could reply to them if they won, which I appreciated when I had to notify one or more of them.  If you want to win, you have to give us a way to notify you.

I want to thank Plume Books for allowing me to do this giveaway, and of course Jennifer Chiaverini for writing this book and all the others in the Elm Creek series!


PS, if you haven't read it yet, Jennifer Chiaverini’s THE GIVING QUILT, will be available in paperback tomorrow from Plume Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge