Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"What did you do?"


Kathy wanted to know what I did at retreat.  Well… I took two bolts of flannel with me, all pre-washed and ready to be made into baby quilts for Bob’s Blankie Brigade.  I had good intentions, but had never worked with flannel before.  The whole conference room heard a lot of grumbling and whining from me as I made the first blanket, beginning to end, quilted and everything. 
 
The second one went a little smoother, as did the third and fourth.  I changed things up a bit on #5, but only because I wanted to add some design fun to it, and it looked pretty good.  And there wasn’t any grumbling at all, I think… they went much smoother as I went on.

And #6 and more are in the works too.  I have enough blocks cut for at least two more, possibly three. 

I did cheat a little in “using up the flannel”  I wrapped up two pieces for the Pollyanna exchange, which got a good laugh when that gift was opened. 

And by the way, I took three other projects with me, and … well… I brought them home too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge