Saturday, May 11, 2013

Relay is over

Well... one Relay is over but that doesn’t mean I’m done yet.  Yes, the local Relay has ended for the year, but it’s left me wanting more. 

First, the location of the new event was purely heavenly.  Sitting on the edge of a prong of the Assawoman Bay in a heavily wooded area, it was secluded and peaceful and away from the distractions of the world.  I took this picture myself from the top of a hook and ladder.  You can see the cabins and the lone camper, as well as the luminaria bags lining the track. 


Cheri, Joan and me
I was never prouder of my team, Cheri survivor, Joan survivor, and John who came out to support me.  (And to Candy who was Relaying up in NY thinking of us the whole night I’m sure!)  We all raised over almost $8000!

John and me

But I Relay to recognize the survivors and I felt that last night they were not suitably recognized.  Just my opinion, but it hurt me to see it happen.  I’m going to try another event and see how they do it, and then if needed another until I find what I’m looking for.  And maybe, in all that looking, I will help raise enough money for science to find the cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge