I made this using one Macaroon Bali Pop, pre-cut 2 1/2 inch strips and Macaroon Snaps, 5 inch squares. There was no added fabric and very little left over.Here’s what I did. First I opened up the package of Snaps and as they were put in the package, no matching at all. I only changed the order if I had two which were the same color or close. I drew a line diagonally down the center and sewed two lines 1/4 inch from that line. Then I cut them, pressed and had triangle squares.
Then I added a strip to one side of each triangle square, thinking perhaps I’d make a log cabin block… but then I decided that I didn’t want to bother with which side I was sewing the next strip to, or which way the diagonal seam was going… I just wanted to sew with no worries at all and that’s what I did.
I went around each triangle square one time and then squared those blocks all down to 8 1/4 inches. Then I looked at what I had left, and realized I did not have enough fabric left to go around again but probably enough to add one strip more on each block, which created a rectangle block rather than a square.
When I had them all laid out on the bed I had left over blocks and a few strips and didn’t really like the lay out… So I turned some blocks horizontally and some vertically and added strips to make them all the same size and sewed it all together.