Sunday, May 05, 2013

There really is no pattern

A few people have asked for the pattern for my quilt, name still to be decided.  Really, there is no pattern.  None at all, I just sewed until I had most of the fabric used up and even rows.

I made this using one Macaroon Bali Pop, pre-cut 2 1/2 inch strips and Macaroon Snaps, 5 inch squares.  There was no added fabric and very little left over.   
Here’s what I did.  First I opened up the package of Snaps and as they were put in the package, no matching at all.  I only changed the order if I had two which were the same color or close.   I drew a line diagonally down the center and sewed two lines 1/4 inch from that line.  Then I cut them, pressed and had triangle squares. 

Then I added a strip to one side of each triangle square, thinking perhaps I’d make a log cabin block… but then I decided that I didn’t want to bother with which side I was sewing the next strip to, or which way the diagonal seam was going… I just wanted to sew with no worries at all and that’s what I did. 

I went around each triangle square one time and then squared those blocks all down to 8 1/4 inches.  Then I looked at what I had left, and realized I did not have enough fabric left to go around again but probably enough to add one strip more on each block, which created a rectangle block rather than a square. 

When I had them all laid out on the bed I had left over blocks and a few strips and didn’t really like the lay out… So I turned some blocks horizontally and some vertically and added strips to make them all the same size and sewed it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge