Saturday, May 01, 2010

Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Quilt Auction

I first got involved in the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative because of two quilt friends whose DH’s had Alzheimer's and I wanted to do something to help. I’ve donated money, and I even bought a quilt at one of the auctions, having it sent to a friend anonymously. I have not gotten involved in the Quilt Auction because I haven’t been quilting, but I will get involved someday.

Then Alzheimer's hit us personally with John’s Aunt. She is doing great in the assisted living facility, adjusting to her new environment and making friends. I’m so glad we got her in there now, while she still could adjust. But her memory and mind fade more and more each day. She doesn’t remember anyone’s name any more, nor how they are related to her. Everyone is her friend.

Anyway, today I was blog hopping and I visited Michele Bilyeu’s With Heart and Hands..... blog. Her Mother also has Alzheimer's and she has written a very moving piece today, please stop by and read it.

Then, if you have it in your heart and budget, go bid on one of the many lovely miniature quilts up for auction. http://www.alzquilts.org/quiltauction.html
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge