Sunday, May 09, 2010

Did you think I forgot about blogging?

No, I didn’t forget, I’ve just been busy with Relay and catching up on my sleep. And today is Mother’s Day, although only two of my sons remembered. Those of you who know me are saying, but you only have two… but you’ve forgotten those extras that I always had hanging around here in years past.

Jonathon called me at about 6:30 tonight, so at least he remembered. Mike is, I’m assuming, in Maryland. But he and Kelly made plans for a mid-week Mom's day dinner with us, so he's forgiven.

And then the surprise child… Kevin “lived” here for years and later shared the mobile with Mike and Eric. Then things went bad for Kevin which surprised me, he was such a good kid in high school, at least when he was here he was good. Things went bad for Kevin and then he joined the Marines and there was the Kevin I knew from high school again.

Today he stopped by here with his bride, they were just married yesterday and I never expected to see him. Nor did I expect the very special card he gave me, one of those empty cards that allows you to say what you want to say. What he said is private, but I can tell you that I have never been as proud of one of my boys as I was tonight. God bless you Kevin and you too Brittany and may He watch over you and make your lives a happy one.


PS Happy Mom's Day to all my Mom friends.

PS Again... the Delaware Quilts team raised $10,020 this year, but the year isn't over yet! Relay is and I'm ready for a break, PT starts tomorrow, and I'll catch you all up tomorrow after another nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge