Sunday, May 02, 2010

Special Challenge

I have an idea, one that will aide a well known charity and it's not ACS for a change.

I would like to make a collection of miniature quilts to send to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative to come from Delaware Quilts and the person who made it. Sure.. I know you can make one and send it yourself, which is why the challenge…

Send your miniature quilt to me and I will post photos of each one on my web site. We will then have a contest, awarding one miniature quilt the Best Of Show and a very nice prize (worth over $50) to the one chosen by viewers choice.

Before International Quilt Festival in November and in plenty of time for Ami’s deadline I would like to send her at LEAST 100 miniature quilts. There is no way I can do it alone, which is why I am asking for your help.

AND to make this challenge happen I am offering a SECOND prize which will go to the person who sends me the 100th quilt. (Also worth over $50)

Your quilt must meet the guidelines set up on http://www.alzquilts.org/rules.html EXCEPT that you will mail the finished miniature to me and I will be sending you a special form to fill out to go with your quilt. I will register your quilt, making me the Temporary Quilt Registration Goddess (Ami’s words not mine) as soon as I confirm they meet ALL of the guidelines.

If you’d like to join me in this challenge, please send me an email and I will make sure you have all the directions, rules and guidelines straight, and send you my mailing address. I will be working on a web page dedicated to this challenge as soon as Relay is over and I’ve caught up on my sleep.

Please help me help Ami reach her goal of 1000 quilts for the Quilt Festival!
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge