Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mystery and Challenge


One of my faithful readers, or perhaps she is the only one, asked me if this quilt was really complicated. She said the introduction had her wondering if she really wanted to try this mystery since it was so mysterious sounding. (At least I got that point across, LOL!) I can say honestly that it is not at all complicated, actually very simple, with just one tricky part which isn’t hard at all. I would even recommend this one to a very beginner quilter, that’s how easy it is.

I am making a sample myself, just so I can say I did. I’ve chosen to do it in miniature so I can use it for my Special Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Challenge. I’m quite serious about sending 100 quilts in, even if I have to do them all myself. I’ve had quite a few ladies say they will help, but I know how that goes. Especially since it’s summer… we all tend to do other things than quilting in the summer.

And since I’m not quite up to full time quilting yet… 15 minutes of cutting and/or sewing is all I can manage at a time so far… it might take me all summer to do it myself. However, I have a good start now. I cut out enough pieces to make a whole miniature before my legs gave out on me and I had to take a break. I’m hoping the knees will cooperate and allow me to at least finish that one miniature today.

If they do, I have another one lined up and ready to be made, at least in my head. I’m going to try to make a miniature November Retreat Mystery project too. Heck, if I get these knees working right, I just might make a miniature of every mystery project I’ve ever done, and then work on samples of all the ones I haven’t done while I’ve been away from sewing! That would put a huge dent in my Special Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge