Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bob’s Blankie Brigade

Last year at one of the fall retreats I met Helaine who was making small quilts for something she called Bob’s Blankie Brigade. Her energy and enthusiasm for the project really impressed me and I decided I would add Bob’s to my list of charities I give quilts to.

I like Bob’s because they give to many different groups, not just one. They make knitted and crocheted blankets, wraps and covers, and knitted and crocheted caps too, as well as many quilts of all sizes.

Their goal is to provide a warm and loving touch to children and adults in need. I like that so I am adding Bob’s to my list of charities.

And I have decided that in 2012 I will have a charity quilt-in every month, giving a free pattern or project that is easy and quick and suitable for any of the charities on my list.

Check back for more information as 2012 sneaks up on us!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I work with a group that makes "charity" quilts and we are always looking for ideas for quilt designs. Joanne H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Marge. We are gearing up for our Thanksgiving deliveries and it appears we will be breaking all records with the numbers of blankies and caps distributed in 2011. Helaine

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge