Monday, July 22, 2013

I goofed somewhere...

Do you know what happens when you don’t sew constantly?  Do you know what happens when there are long periods of time between step 12 and 13?  You lose your chain of thought, that’s what. 

I made a top, love it.  Needed borders.  I decided to do piano key borders.  Measured sides, calculated and discovered I didn’t have enough scraps for a piano key border.  So I decided to do just squares, that way I could use pieces that were slightly smaller. 

Measured again.  Made squares from all the scraps I could find, and some that weren’t in the quilt to start with, but that went with it.  Measured again.  Counted again.  Was pretty sure I had enough. 

Two weeks or more later I added the inner borders. 

Then I added the outer, square block border.  I had square blocks on all four sides.  And I had leftovers, a lot of leftovers.  So I added another round of square blocks.  And there were still leftovers.  So I added another round of square blocks. 

Are you counting?  That’s three square block borders.  And guess what… I still had leftovers.  Not enough for all four sides, but enough to add another row of square blocks to each side. 

Me thinks me counted wrong.  Or measured wrong… or something. 

2 comments:

  1. Me thinks your are right! LOL I know how hard it is to get back in the groove on a project you have not worked on recently. I always think I have notes made to keep on track....never seems to work out.
    So happy you are back sewing, though!
    NancyB in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! No pictures? Methinks a mystery is in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge