Thursday, July 25, 2013

My stash

The Curious Quilter asked  "When you look back at your stash, does it lean towards one side of the color wheel? Do you have three batiks for every one calico, or no batiks but a super-selection of large-scale florals? No modern fabrics but lots of vintage and reproductions? Or is your stash all about balance?"

Let’s take this one question at a time…  When you look back at your stash, does it lean towards one side of the color wheel?  Well honestly I had to get my color wheel to determine the answer to that, and it’s no.  But there sure are some empty spaces on my stash color wheel.  I have zero pinks and my yellow stash is pretty low right now.  Otherwise, my stash is all over that wheel! 

Do you have three batiks for every one calico, or no batiks but a super-selection of large-scale florals?   I probably have equal calico and batiks right now… and I wonder how that happened?  And I have no large-scale florals at all, not one.

No modern fabrics but lots of vintage and reproductions? Or is your stash all about balance?  I have modern fabrics and I have vintage and I have reproductions… isn’t that balance? 
 

2 comments:

  1. I find that I have more blue than any other color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:49 PM

    I knew you had good taste! I have few pinks or yellows either!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge