Friday, October 08, 2010

Reader question

Amy asked “How many patterns do you have in the works?” Good question. There are many patterns in different stages…

I have three “new” designs in EQ and one sketch which are just design ideas. I’ve got a few different block versions in each EQ file, but none ready to move on to the next step. And the sketch is just that, not even in EQ yet.

The next step after EQ design is writing the pattern. There are 15 patterns that I’ve designed in EQ and done some of the written instructions for. Each pattern is written step by step, just as you will sew them eventually. I have not made sample blocks for any of those 15 patterns yet.

The next step is making a block and/or a quilt. I have two patterns which have progressed that far, one a complete sample and the other is a WIP, work in progress (six blocks are done). Either one of those two patterns could be “ready” if needed.

I also have three patterns which are completely ready to be shared, most likely first as a mystery for the group then as full patterns on the pattern page.

So I guess my answer to your question is I have 24 patterns in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge