Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Retreat contracts

I book the retreats a few years in advance to assure that I have the number of rooms I need and the conference room. I have to compete with tour busses of tourists and families, especially in the fall. October is the most difficult month to book. So here I sit in October 2010 trying to figure out what my ladies want to do in 2013… some people don’t know what they are doing tomorrow, or next week, let alone three years from now.

And those future dates are important, people are again booking in advance. Next year’s retreats are all booked solid and I have a waiting list for Spring and October already, and am pretty sure there will be a waiting list for November too. I’ve even had a lady ask me about 2012 retreats.

If anyone had told me this is how it would be 14 years ago I would have laughed, after all we were just a bunch of quilters getting together for a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge