Friday, October 29, 2010

TGIF?

I’m not really sure I’m glad it’s Friday or not… I’m still fighting this head cold I got in Lancaster. My lungs are clear, but my nose keeps dripping and I have that horrible cough. I will get over it, probably just in time for the next retreat.

Last night I stayed up and watched the finale of Project Runway. I enjoy this show because of the designs and garment construction, and yes even the personal dramas a little. But I truly enjoy it the most because of the work those designers do in such a short time. In my previous life, before quilting, I made all of my own clothes, often without patterns, but I would never call myself a fashion designer.

I didn’t like Gretchen from episode one, but I liked some of her garments. It will be interesting to see how well she does in the fashion industry. I did like Mondo from the start, his use of colors and patterns wowed me. Do I really care that he lost to Gretchen, no, because I think he will go on despite the loss.

Politics, I will be so glad when this election is over. The mudslinging is really getting to me and the phone calls… if you really want my vote, call me in person, not by using some stupid recording that doesn’t tell me squat. No, let me take that back.. if you really want my vote then tell me why I should vote for you and not what is wrong with the other person. I truly believe that all politicians have good intentions when they are running for office, but once they get the job reality hits and they can’t do what they wanted because of so many other problems. I feel sorry for politicians. And I feel sorry for the youth of today who have to clean up this mess. But I guess if our ancestors did it after the big depression, then today’s youth can do it too.

Weather… weird. This week I’ve had the AC on in the day time and the heat on at night. My thermometer says the high in my yard for the week was 84 and the low so far has been 36.

Halloween is this weekend but it doesn’t affect us anymore. It’s been ten years since anyone knocked on our door on Halloween and almost as long since my boys “dressed up” The last dress up I remember was three young men in cowboy costumes heading out to a party, I think it was 2003. I don’t even “decorate” for Halloween any more, but might again if Grandkids ever come along.

Quilting, not doing any this week, but I’ll make up for it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge