Thursday, April 19, 2012

Been one of those days...

Ever had a day where you make more mistakes than usual?  Today was that day for me.  The project I’m working on has 3 1/2 and 3 7/8 inch squares of the same fabric.  Both sizes need to be marked in the center to sew on or use as guide for 1/4 inch.  Add to the confusion, the fabric is one of those that the right side and wrong side are almost alike, although if you use the wrong side for the right side it does show up in the block… ask me how I know.

SO… I’m marking those difficult similar squares, thinking I have everything under control.  Total of squares to be marked was 36.  Half way through I realized I was marking the right side which was wrong.  No problem, just turn them over and mark the wrong side which was right.  Except I was marking the 1/4 inch sewing line on the wrong size squares.  And since they are not to be sewn on the outer line, what I marked would show, so they were no good. 

Back to the cutting board and cut more squares, sit down, make sure they are on the wrong side and correctly mark them.  Or so I thought.  Wrong again. 

Regardless I got my nine blocks finished.  If I hadn’t had so much trouble I’d probably have the quilt top finished too…  Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge