SO… I’m marking those difficult similar squares, thinking I have everything under control. Total of squares to be marked was 36. Half way through I realized I was marking the right side which was wrong. No problem, just turn them over and mark the wrong side which was right. Except I was marking the 1/4 inch sewing line on the wrong size squares. And since they are not to be sewn on the outer line, what I marked would show, so they were no good.
Back to the cutting board and cut more squares, sit down, make sure they are on the wrong side and correctly mark them. Or so I thought. Wrong again.
Regardless I got my nine blocks finished. If I hadn’t had so much trouble I’d probably have the quilt top finished too… Oh well, tomorrow is another day!