Saturday, April 07, 2012

How would this look scrappy?

Sometimes I wonder what would a certain pattern look like done scrappy.  Not all designs show up nicely when done scrappy, sometimes the scrappiness takes away from the design.  Today I was paging through Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting and found one of my quilt designs done scrappy. 

When I looked at the quilt photo at first I thought it looked familiar, then I looked closer and realized it was just like pattern I did back in 2003 called Tessellated Friendship Stars.    It was also mystery #1 on the Mysteries For Relay group, and I even think I’ve used that pattern as a retreat project. 

I’ve made several of Tessellated Friendship Stars quilts myself, but never scrappy because I didn’t think the pattern would show nicely as a scrappy quilt.  And I’ll be honest, I don’t 100% love the quilt in the magazine either, but I sure like it enough that I think I just might have to do one scrappy.  It will be much more controlled scrappy than the one in the magazine, but it will be scrappy for sure. 

Another quilt to add to my Want-To-Do list!


PS My quilt is called the Tessellated Friendship Stars.  Liz Porter calls hers the Milky Way, and you can find the pattern in the May/June 2012 issue of Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting on page 50. 

1 comment:

  1. it's all about value marge; light and dark scraps should work i would think

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge