Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quilting report


Doing much better today and I’ve finished quilting one of the ABC Bow Tie quilts and even got the binding on except for the handwork. I have knots to tie and threads to burry and the binding to sew by hand and then I will have a finish.

And I am about to put the binding on my Wonky Squares and then will only have hand work to do on it. I really like the way it looks and think I might just have to do this one again. It makes for a quick and cute quilt.

I would be further along in my work except for one wee problem. Since I was low on 505 and used pins to baste and was too lazy to hand baste, there are lots of pins to fight with. And every time I stab myself enough to make a finger/hand/arm bleed I have to take a break till the bleeding stops.

Something weird happened today that has never happened before… I was sewing along and a pin flew up from somewhere and nearly poked me in the eye. I have no idea how it happened, but I have a wee stab under my eye to show for it… and get this, I wasn’t wearing my glasses. Normally I do when sewing on the machine, but I’d taken them off to read an email, and didn’t put them back on and didn’t really notice until that pin hit my face. I will wear them when sewing for now on, never thought of them as safety glasses but now I know they could be.

Weather permitting I will post at least one finished photo tomorrow… Wonky Squares still might be a mystery and or retreat project so I’m not sharing that photo yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge