Friday, April 27, 2012

Relay Quilt

And no, it’s not mine!  Hard to believe that my pattern in my colors is raising money for Relay For Life and it’s not mine!  I got an email last night with a photo and a story that was just too good to be true, my November Stars is raising money for Relay all the way across this grand country of ours. 



label
Marge,
I made a quilt from your November Stars pattern that will be raffled off this weekend at the Fontana, Ca. Relay for Life. I took some creative license by renaming it Stars of Hope. I hope this is ok with you. Attached are pictures of the quilt top (I am just now putting the binding on it) and the label that will be attached to the back. I am utility quilting it on the diagonal. Like you I want my quilts to be used every day and worn out if possible. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

I asked permission to share the photos and story and she replied.. 


Our team name is Jules Rules in honor of Julie Alvarez Fish. Julie was my daughter's sister-in-law. She was only 30 when we lost her to a rare form of intestinal cancer related to Celiac disease which she didn't know she had. She left 3 children (2 girls and a boy) and her devoted husband Danny who never left her side. She was not only a wonderful wife, mother and friend but also a beloved elementary school teacher.


I am glad you like the quilt. I was getting desperate to find a pattern that 'spoke' to me. When I saw November Stars on your website I knew my search was over. It is perfect. This is the second quilt I have made for the Relay. Last year's quilt made about $200 and I am hoping for that or more this year. I am also planning on using the pattern for at least one Quilt Of Valor. QOV.org is my second love right after quilting! I will try to send you a picture of the quilt when it is finished.
Deanna

Thank YOU Deanna!  Deanna’s Relay is tomorrow and I hope her lovely quilt raises a lot more than she anticipates. If you’d like to donate to Deanna, this is her Relay page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge