Monday, April 23, 2012

When I'm down

Sometimes when I am down and just want to think, I go upstairs and sew, usually mindless sewing so my head can get itself straightened out.  Today I needed to do something to take my mind off of Jane’s passing and some other bad news which I learned about today… so I went upstairs and tackled one of the quilts I basted yesterday.  As I quilted straight lines I remembered the first time we chatted, she was waiting for the birth of her first grandchild.  While sewing around bow tie knots I remembered some of the funnies Jane shared with us about Miss Ruby, and I remembered more about visiting her in her darling little cottage.  It was good therapy, and although I am still very saddened by her passing, I am happy she is no longer suffering and that she’s in a better place.  I sure hope Heaven was ready for her!  Tomorrow has to be a better day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge