Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tax Day

Will someone tell me why I decided to go to the Post Office on Tax Day?  Yes, today April 17, 2012 is Tax Day for Tax Year 2011 - filing deadline and due date for Federal Income Tax Returns.  I guess I forgot about it because we filed back in February and have already spent our refund, not that there was much to spend. 

And it’s not the 15th either so it didn’t occur to me that there might be a line in the Post Office and that everyone would want a receipt.  The guy at the counter said I was one of less than a dozen people who were not mailing taxes.  When I told him we did ours in February, everyone groaned… guess I shouldn’t have said that? 

I had six packages to mail and two letters… you should have seen the dirty looks I got!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge