Saturday, September 15, 2012

Be bald with me?


On November 2 thousands of people around the world will wear a bald cap to honor those who battle cancer.  I am joining the Be Bold,Be Bald movement and going bald on that day. Well not totally bald..... but I will be wearing a bald cap!

I will be retreating on that day, the Patchwork Angels Retreat, and want to invite all those Angels to join me in going bald that day.  I’ll have a supply of bald caps and a t-shirt which I will exchange for a $25 donation which will go to my BBBB fundraising efforts. 

I hope to raise at least $500 which will be donated to the Heaps of Hope organization from Wellesley Mass for several reasons, most of all because they helped someone I know who desperately needed help when she was fighting cancer.  “Heaps of Hope assists women with cancer who struggle with prescription co-payments, mounting medical bills, and expenses like groceries for their families. The beneficiaries of Heaps of Hope are women who are uninsured or underinsured. We are dedicated to providing a life line to women by easing the burdens created by cancer.”

If you would like to donate to my cause, my BBBB fundraising page can be found here. 

And no, I have not quit Relay, I will be raising funds for the 2013 Relay For Life too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge