Saturday, September 15, 2012

Be bald with me?


On November 2 thousands of people around the world will wear a bald cap to honor those who battle cancer.  I am joining the Be Bold,Be Bald movement and going bald on that day. Well not totally bald..... but I will be wearing a bald cap!

I will be retreating on that day, the Patchwork Angels Retreat, and want to invite all those Angels to join me in going bald that day.  I’ll have a supply of bald caps and a t-shirt which I will exchange for a $25 donation which will go to my BBBB fundraising efforts. 

I hope to raise at least $500 which will be donated to the Heaps of Hope organization from Wellesley Mass for several reasons, most of all because they helped someone I know who desperately needed help when she was fighting cancer.  “Heaps of Hope assists women with cancer who struggle with prescription co-payments, mounting medical bills, and expenses like groceries for their families. The beneficiaries of Heaps of Hope are women who are uninsured or underinsured. We are dedicated to providing a life line to women by easing the burdens created by cancer.”

If you would like to donate to my cause, my BBBB fundraising page can be found here. 

And no, I have not quit Relay, I will be raising funds for the 2013 Relay For Life too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge