Monday, September 24, 2012

Sleeplessness


I have these nights where I can not sleep.  I’ve had a lot of them lately.  Too many.  Last night was one of them.  I went to bed at 10:30 and laid there until after 11:30 listening to John snoring, jealous of his sleep.  I got up and read for a while…. I had a good book I’d started and thought I’d read just a little bit until I was more asleep….  At 2:15 I finished the book.  I was going to check email, but decided that I might find something I didn’t want to read or something that would turn my brain on even more so I resisted.  (I did send one, but did not read what was in the inbox.)  

Then I climbed back in bed, my toes were getting cold and I decided that it was time to try again.  At 3:30 John woke up for a trip to you-know-where, then crawled back in bed and resumed his snoring.  I listened to his every breath and eventually fell asleep myself.  I was up at 8 only because I set my alarm to get me up.  I don’t remember John getting up and going to work, so I must have had a few good hours of sleep. 

But I’m in a total fog so far today, I can’t get my brain in gear and my body… well let’s just say I will probably spend the day resisting the bed… I don’t even think I will go in there to make it… it’s calling me… but I will not listen to it, not until tonight when I hope I can snore along with John.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge