Monday, March 04, 2013

Flannel


I had a really good idea, sort of.  I bought some flannel to make some cute little baby quilts for charity.  I thought a simple little four patch, flannel front and back, sew right sides together, turn right sides out and quilt.  Simple, right…

Confession, I have never, never ever, not in my lifetime sewn on flannel. 

One friend said to me that my idea was a good one, simple and easy.  I asked her about pre-washing and she replied that since I was making small baby quilts, “just wash them after you make them to give them the soft crinkly look.” 

However another friend said I had to pre-wash. 

Normally I do, I ALWAYS pre-wash, well except pre-cuts.  Always always always… so why did I think I could get away with not pre-washing this time I have no idea. 

So I put the question to one of my Yahoo groups…. And did I get replies… 
“You, the pre-wash queen not pre-washing?” 
“What a ridiculous question, especially coming from you”
“You are joking right, of course you prewash flannel”
“I was so shocked at your question I spurted my coffee all over my tablet”

So I guess I will be pre-washing

1 comment:

  1. it isn't so much the washing but the drying that is really important with flannel....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge