Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Giving Quilt


The Giving Quilt was quite appropriate reading for me, coming at the end of four successful retreats at which many quilts were made for charities, as well as many projects for the retreaters themselves.  I read The Giving Quilt the first time shortly after returning from those retreats.  It was part of my unwinding process, and I enjoyed it a lot, both the unwinding and the book.  It was also perfect timing, coming at the end of “My Giving Year” 

I enjoyed how the author, Jennifer Chiaverini wove the stories of the campers and staff together into a delightful story, just like we piece our quilts.  This quilt camp was slightly different than the traditional Elm Creek quilt camps, bringing together some new quilters and more experienced quilters for the purpose of making quilts just for Project Linus rather than themselves.  Their stories and the reason they wanted to give made this another delightful Elm Creek story. 

If you have not read The Giving Quilt yet, it will be available in paperback from Plume on April 2nd.  I have two copies to give away, as well as a few other prizes which have been given to me by the publisher.  If you would like to win one of the prizes, leave a comment answering the question “Why do you give?”  I will draw names on Sunday March 31st. 

1 comment:

  1. Why I give? Because I love to. It makes me feel good to do for others. I don't drink nor do drugs, giving is my high. If I can help another, it puts me on cloud 9. Loved reading the review above especially after sewing for so many years with others doing just that, serving others with our works.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge