Sunday, May 06, 2012

Best laid plans… can be changed!

Well I sewed most of yesterday, and finished 131 blocks, which was more than needed for a king size quilt.  I sewed the first two rows together, and then stopped for the day.

This morning I decided to lay the blocks on my design bed, so I could move them around into a pleasing pattern.  John happened by the bedroom door and peeked in and said something like “oh”.  So I looked at it closer.  And went on with my sorting. 

I went upstairs and sewed another row together and then… well then I decided to start over again.  I was making this for our bed, and if he doesn’t really like it, and I’m not 100% sure about it myself, why keep going. 

It was made from scraps, so there are a LOT of colors in it.  I think that grouping similar colors together might work a little better… maybe too many colors isn’t the thing.  Or not enough contrast in the colors. 

So I’m going to sort my 131 blocks into groups and make a few smaller quilts.  Interestingly I have enough blocks with purple in them to make a twin quilt, and that will be what I’m working on first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge