Sunday, May 27, 2012

How?

How can I be so happy and so sad at the same time?  I’m trying to not think about it, but I can’t stop.   I got what I wanted… Mufasa is in his kennel on his way to his new home.  But I really miss him already.   When I came back in the house after waving good-bye the door was slightly ajar and my heart jumped into my throat thinking he’s escaped.  Then I remembered he was gone and came inside.  I sat down in my chair and waited for him to come into the room to see what I was up to… he didn’t come and I remembered again he was gone.  Then when I started to go upstairs and I expected him to run ahead of me on the stairs… he’s not here anymore.  That’s good news, I can sew uninterrupted, doubly so since the boys brought the sewing machine and cabinet downstairs.  But I still miss him.  I knew I would, but I can visit him in his new home sometime soon if I’m invited.  I know he will be happy to have Mike and Kelly back again, and I know that sooner or later he and Roscoe will become friends, or at least learn to tolerate each other. 
And I know that I will rejoice the first time John and I want to run away and CAN because we don’t have anything here to worry about…
but I’ll miss him…


PS, Yes I know you told me so, just don't rub it in!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...can I have Mufasa? He would like it at my house!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge