Friday, May 04, 2012

I did better yesterday

I did much better in the sewing department yesterday, less distractions.  I actually finished sewing that pile of cuts I showed the other day.  I counted all my blocks, and I have 77.  Not enough, so now I need to go through my stash of batiks and cut some 2 1/2 inch strips from there.  I like this quilt and the blocks go together so quickly (most of the time) and I think I might shoot for a king size quilt.  I know I have enough fabric, just wonder if I have enough patience? 

See the thing is, when I see the blocks made, I can visualize the quilt and I’m happy with what I see in my head, and I want to move on to another project.  That’s one reason I make such small samples.  I can make a child size quilt and “see” that multiplied a few times and visualize it on my queen size bed and I’m satisfied.  Then I start another one. 

I’m going to try to make myself not see this one finished until it really is…. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge