Friday, May 25, 2012

Done for the day

Yes, I am done for the day, already.  I was up early, thanks to the alarm cat, again.  (He goes home on Sunday morning and I plan to sleep in on Monday)  I got my shower and got some quilts ready to take to my quilter.  Fortunately she had errands to do so we met closer than I would have had to drive to her house, and on a holiday weekend I don’t want to do much driving at all.  After seeing her and dropping of four quilts for her to work her magic on, I headed home.

However on the way I remembered my sister-in-law telling me about a small plant accident they had at Lowes, a whole cart of plants got knocked over.  To me that meant that there might be some plants on sale, the damaged ones, so I decided to stop in and look.  I was lucky and got some pink petunias for 50 cents a carton (6) and eight perennials for half price.  Sure they might be done blooming this year, but they will grow and be gorgeous next season. 

Then I came home and planted them, well most of them.  I decided to give Jon and Steph a few to take home this weekend.  And then of course I was all hot and sweaty so I took another shower, and then started laundry.  Then I went upstairs and it was too hot up there already… so I’m taking the rest of the day off.  I’ll finish laundry and who knows what else…I downloaded a few books the other night, may be a good day for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge