Sunday, November 25, 2012

Reading devices


So even though I didn’t go shopping, either online or out in the masses, I did get something new this weekend, well new to me anyway.  My daughter-in-law Kelly (I love saying that!) bought a newer Kindle and gave me her old one.  What made it even more special was that her now my Kindle was designed just for us, it’s purple and it has a purple case too, imagine that.  How nice that my daughter-in-law and I both love purple… and I wonder what Steph’s favorite color is?  (I’ll have to ask her.)

Now why would I want a Kindle and a Nook?  I’ll tell you why.  Sometimes there are free books offered for one and not the other, and now I can get all the free books I could ever want! 

And speaking of free books, do you own either device and if so, do you know about BookBub?  http://bookbub.com  They send you a daily email with free books listed.  (Just one email a day, and no pressure at all.)  I’ve gotten some great books that way.  I’m just a bit curious to see how they send suggestions to me for both devices… waiting for that daily email to appear so I can see what’s good for which device today!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about Bookbub Marge. My daughters gave me a Nook last Christmas and I do use it to read. I will definitely go to that website. I still read regular books too. I am doing more reading these days, as last week I broke my foot, Just what I needed on top of my cancer and chemotherapy. Must be my lucky year. I hope that your prednisone reduction is going along okay. I haven't seen you mentioning it lately.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge