Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What did I do?


While I was retreating in Lancaster I did a lot of laughing, an awful lot of laughing, so much so I came home with sore ribs from laughing so hard.  Not that sore that I can’t still giggle at some of the antics that made me laugh so hard. 

I did some shopping, more than I thought.  I’m washing fabrics now, I think I will have two full washer loads, maybe even three.  But I got some great bargains and added some needed colors to my stash. 

And I did some sewing.  The first week I made some wobbly blocks on purpose.  However when I went to sew them together they stretched more than I thought they would, so I set that project aside and started on another one. 

I had seen a quilt on someone’s blog and fell in love with it.  It was a simple pattern, tiny squares in pairs of nine patches set on point with alternating solid squares.  There wasn't credit to any designer, so I just made up my own pattern…  I cut 2 inch strips of Aunt Graces, a lot of 2 inch strips.  Then I sewed them together and made blocks, a lot of blocks.  When I counted, and measured, I realized I need more… a lot more.  So I cut more and made more and cut even more and made even more and then I put it together.  I had to make even more blocks to finish it. 

And here is it, almost finished.  I added a scrappy 2 1/2 inch border to what you see here.  This is a king size bed, we have a queen, so I’m pretty sure it will fit nicely once it is quilted and washed.  I love it!


Here's a picture with the border on it. 

2 comments:

  1. Marge! That came out so pretty! I can't believe I was there for the beginning. The colors really work beautifully in this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge