Wednesday, November 28, 2012

So what are you reading?

Kathy asked that question, and I’ll happily answer. 

While I was retreating The Giving Quilt was released, the latest of the Elm Creek Series.  I'd pre-ordered it so it was waiting for me on my Nook.  That was what I read first and I really enjoyed it. 

And for those who wonder, no I did not get my retreat idea from that book series.  My retreats started in 1997, long before the Elm Creek retreats did.  I have made a lot of friends because of those books though…. several long time retreaters read one or more of the books, decided to look for a retreat and found Delaware Quilts Quilters Retreats on line. 

Then I had to try out my Kindle, so I downloaded Wild Goose Chase by Terri Thayer which had been recommended by a few friends.  I really enjoyed it, so I downloaded the next two, and read Wild Goose Chase next.  I’m just starting Ocean Waves now, and so far I’m enjoying it as much as the other two. 

What’s next?  I don’t know, but I have a great library to choose from on both reading devices!

5 comments:

  1. so true marge; i have read all the books wisfully hoping i could find just such a venue and after this year's "virgin" retreat experience, i am delighted i did! it was everything i expected, hoped and more..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that was sweet of you to say. However, the ladies make their own fun, I have little to do with it ;^D

      Delete
  2. Marge it is The Giving Quilt. How are you liking Kindle compared to Nook? I only use my Nook for reading. I know you can use it for other things like email. But I don't know what the advantages of Kindle are. I have downloaded Kindle for PC so I can get books from Amazon and read them on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corrected, thanks Colleen

      Delete
    2. The Kindle I have is an older version, but works great as a reader. The only thing it lacks is a light, but I add my own. So far I like them both about the same, both give me good reads which is why I wanted them.

      Delete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge