Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Again...

I think this is my deck, the floor was last seen sometime last week.
This photo was taken at 10:30 this morning.

I think this is day five round three or something like that. Honestly, I’ve lost track, I’m not real sure what day it is. Ok…. Computer says it is Wednesday…

It started precipitating last night about five. I was watching the local weather about 7 when the cable went out. Along with cable is of course internet. Precipitation varied from rain to sleet to snow, and round and round again. I have no idea what happened after I went to bed last night, but it didn’t look like much of anything when I got up this morning.

Cable/internet was still out. I also could not get a cell phone or air card signal, so we were literally cut off from the world. HOWEVER… I am not complaining, we still had power and that, after the weekend, was delightful.

John went to work, but came home when the precipitation turned white again. I was glad he was home, so I didn’t have to worry about him on the road. Quick phone calls to rest of the family found everyone at home safe, and with power too.

I’ve kept busy working on Aunt Peggy’s quilt pattern, which will sooner or later be a mystery for the Mysteries For Relay group. The diagrams are almost finished, and just a few more instructions to be written and I can email it off to testers, in this case Aunt Peggy’s family.

Every hour or so I would turn on the TV hoping to hear some voices, and about 3:30 there it was. I went back and turned on the modem and network, and by time I sat back here on the recliner I was on line again.

FYI, as of now, we here in lower slower Delaware where it hardly ever snows have had more snow this winter than Buffalo New York…. YIKES!



And this is my deck at 2:30 this afternoon. Actually, it looks better than it did Sunday, when we coudn't even see the bottom of the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge