Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blog backgrounds

I was blog surfing the other day, I do that when I’m bored, and noticed something.. Before I say anything else, if this offends you I am sorry. But a fact is a fact…

A LOT of people have these customized blog backgrounds that are cute, some even beautiful. Unless you want to read the words… The one I was looking at that disturbed me the most was a pretty fabric kind of background (it was a quilter’s after all) with an inset of another fabric which just happened to be striped. The font was so tiny on the striped fabric you could not read it.
OK, so Windows has this new gadget down in the lower right hand corner making it quick and easy to enlarge fonts which I used. Now those tiny words are gigantic and running into the pretty floral fabric background that just happened to be dark so that the words just disappeared on them.

OK so you have a lovely blog with lovely background and I’m sure your words were just as lovely, but no one can read them. So why are you wasting your time putting them on line every day?

I immediately went back to my own blog and blew up my words. (Gosh that sounds funny, LOL) My words are large and I could probably read them from the other side of the room. And the scroll left and right bar popped up down the bottom so anyone who wanted to read my blog gigantic could scroll to the right to see the side column if they wanted. I’ll stick with my plain old boring background, thank you very much.

Just something to think about when you are thinking about fancying up your blog background.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I find the ones where the words scroll and the background doesn't move to be quite annoying as well. I don't spend much time on those when I see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, yup, yup. Hence why I don't have any music, an overload of graphics or a complicated background. They annoy me on other people's blogs, why would it look cute on mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you and the other comments. Some people add everything to their blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!

    Bless you for saying something! I thought it was just my old eyes! Please note: eyes age twice as quickly as our minds. My eyes are really old but the rest of me is doing just fine ... thank you very much!

    There are some blogs I just skip now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge